Monday, February 19, 2007

Generation 1, Living Onna Lawn



Howdy. ASimWen here. I do lots-o-blogging of my exploits with The Sims 2. Yeah, yeah, yeah...you know I am known for weaving interesting storylines and taking unusual pictures.

Well, this time around I am doing it differently. To honor the 10 Generation Legacy Challange, which, BTW, I have never finished... *THUMP* I am sorry...did you just tip over? Lemme help you up. There. All comfy? Lemme fan ya a minute...... *ahem* Ok. I have such a burning desire to do the infamous Legacy...but I have no desire to actually spend all the time doing it. See. I am busy. But I also want the bragging rights to say I did it. The Legacy, I mean. pfft.

I enrolled my good friend and co-hort in Sims Playing..... Just Lynn. Say hi, Lynn. Use a different color type so people will know it's you. Ok.
Hello! Unlike Wen, I HAVE completed a legacy challenge. Don't be critical of it, it was just to show my progress. No real story there, more like a documentary of their life.

Lynn and I are really gonna trade generations. Yep...I will do five, and she will do five. Err...we will take turns. With the hood. I do one generation, then, she does one. Yeah. Then I can say I did the Legacy. With Lynn's good help. I need her expertise. And her time. Heh.

The difference here is I am not gonna write anything. I will expand upon the Founder's exploits (and the ensuing generations) with pictures only...with a little text pasted on each picture. To save time, you see. How ever Lynn chooses to blog her generations is up to her.

I get to start with the Founder. His name is Francois Devereux. He is French, and a very MEAN Frenchman...who is a Pop Sim. I think he is sexy...erm...he is loosely modeled after my husband. Really. Well, what my husband looked like 20 years and 65 pounds ago. Now, we are using the Core Rules even tho we have all the EP's. To save even more time, you see. Yep. Lynn and I decided to enlist the Downtown and Uni though. We will send our teens to Uni if we feel like it. Core Rules don't state you can't. I guess there is a reason for that. But this is ME and LYNN'S version of Legacy. Huh? It really isn't a challenge unless you play by the challenge creator's rules? Ummmm. Ok. So this isn't Legacy. This is the Wen-and-Lynn-10-Generation-Thang-That-Seems-Something-Vaguely-Like-Legacy.
LMAO - our version of Legacy...hehe. We will marry NPC's and townies are just there for fun, ha-ha! People do it to Prosperity, why not Legacy?

At the end of every play, I will place a picture of the family, and the score. That way you know I am done. I may have more than one entry per generation. Err..yeah. That is the only real updating I will do. What ever Lynn chooses to do on her entry is her bizness. So, here we go. Francois Living Onna Lawn...to start out. Then moving on to the rest of generation 1. I'm done talkin'.
















































Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting































Generation 1 Marriage, Kids, Dogs

13 comments:

Bubbs said...

Yeah! Let's see where this family goes. Nice to see who was in the running for the spouse. :) A lot of fighting going on here. Mean sims really seem to like all that.

JennTSG said...

Living Onna Lawn huh...sounds vaguely familiar!!!

I do like this nice and easy read already!!! And I can't believe Komi beat Ben... I heart Ben!

Rachel said...

YOu ladies are so tricky! Funny, funny. Oh and Wen you did do a legacy, it was called Pass A Sim. What was the last gen you played? As long as you stuck around until gen J, you did one.

ruby said...

A finally I get to see the big project! Love it, love it and very clever with just the pictures..

Shaunna said...

Interesting take on the traditional legacy. I also think that the pics only update is quite brilliant...and hilarious.

Nice work.

Lisa said...

I like how you're doing your blogging. I'm going to adopt your idea with mine the next time I get around to doing an update.

Alexis said...

I love the just picture update idea. It's so time consuming when you do a whole story. If I ever choose to do another legacy, I may have to copy your idea Wen.

Lori said...

Great start.. love the blogging.. such a nice easy read.. :)

Jpeg said...

Oh, this should be great fun! And a dog with my name! We'll see if that turns out to be a good thing. :)

And I, too, really like this format. It kind of follows how I think as I'm playing.

Twoyys4me said...

What a great way to blog... love it- can't wait to see how this one pans out. :)

lissabry said...

how refreshing ;) good luck on reaching generation 10.. I have never made it to generation 3 even lol but Im determined *read stubborn* :D looks like youre off to a good start :D

Anjel76 said...

This is all very interesting. I've never ready a blog quite like this before. Should be interesting! ;O)

SGT Heather said...

I love it! Sorry it has taken me forever to get to! I love the way you are telling it Wen. The wording on the pictures cracks me up!